Rules for participation
32 INTERNATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL
The ensembles selected for participation should observe
FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE INTERNATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL
31 July – 3 August 2023
1. The Ensemble taking part in the Festival should not outnumber 28 persons (including: leaders, drivers, interpeters and other people).
2.Information and detailed programme of the Festival will be sent not later than July 2023.
3. The Festival expects the Ensemble to arrive in Varna up to 10:00 a.m. on
31 July and to leave on 4 August 2023
The groups should arrive to the following address:
110, Osmi Primorski Polk Blvd.
4. The Ensemble must not make any other engagements within the festival period and should take part in rehearsals and consert/s, included in the festival programme.
5. The Festival provides a bus from the airport to the festival office for the groups out of Europe, which come by plane and the fuel costs are at the Ensemble’s charge .
6. The Ensemble must inform the Festival of his confirmed travel arrangements as well as about the visa procedure (if needed) not later than 15 June 2023.
7. The accommodation will be in a hotel in rooms for 2, 3 or 4 persons, including food within the festival period.
8. The Festival does not undertake to provide accommodation and food after the end of the Festival. The groups should leave on 4 August after breakfast.
9. The Festival will provide a guide-interpreter for each ensemble.
10. The Ensemble is obliged to make medical insurance for the members of the group for the whole festival period, which should be submitted at the frontier-post when crossing the border of Bulgaria.
11.The Festival should be responsible for arranging medical care in an emergency and for any injuries that take place during the festival. The Festival is not responsible for providing medical care before its beginning.
12. The Festival expects Ensemble to give two performances daily and/or in the evening on the open-air and indoor stages (up to 30-40 min.) and to take part in the processions along the streets of the town with performances up 10 min. The Ensemble may be asked to perform in some venues not appropriate for the appearance of the whole group. Information on the group’s possibilities for such performances would be useful.
13. The Ensemble must strictly observe the festival programme schedule as well as the duration of its concert performances. The Ensemble can perform in other venues only after an agreement with the Festival.
14. The Ensemble may be programmed to appear at various promotional events in Varna and near by towns.
15. The Ensemble must bring a national flag of its country.
16. The Ensemble should perform under the accompaniment of live or recorded music. The Festival will provide a sound equipment whenever appropriate.
17. The Festival provides for all groups spare time for rest when a cultural and tourist programme will be proposed to participants.
18. All groups will receive a plaque for their participation. An exchange of souvenirs with the organizers and local authorities is expected.
19. The Organizer is not obliged to pay pocket money to the participants in the Festival.
20. The Director of the Ensemble is responsible for the discipline of the group’s members, including the punctuality regarding the programme, good relations with the other groups, as well as the artistic quality of the group, corresponding to the submitted publicity materials.
21. Every special need and requirement will be considered according to the circumstances.
22. The Ensemble grants gratuitously to the Festival its copyright to broadcast live and to make audio-visual recordings (for radio and television) of the Ensemble's performances during the festival.
The above mentioned Rules are worked out and conformed with the special conditions and requirements of the CIOFF’s Statutes for international festivals.