Rules for participation
INTERNATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL
The ensembles selected for participation should observe
FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE INTERNATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL
28 July – 1 August 2019
1. The Ensemble taking part in the Festival
should not outnumber 25 persons (including: leaders,
drivers, interpeters and other people). Groups exeeding this
number should not be admitted to take part.
2. The Festival provides for the Ensemble accommodation, food and fuel during its stay in Bulgaria within the festival period.
Information and detailed programme of the Festival will be sent not later than July 2018.
3. The Festival expects the Ensemble to arrive in Varna up to 10:00 a.m. on 28 July and to leave on 2 August 2019. The groups should arrive to the following address:
110, Osmi Primorski Polk Blvd.
4. The Ensemble must not make any other
engagements within the festival period and should take part
in rehearsals and consert/s, included in the festival
5. The Festival provides a bus from the airport to the
festival office for the groups out of Europe, which come by
plane and the fuel costs are at the Ensemble’s charge .
6. The Ensemble must inform the Festival of his confirmed travel arrangements as well as about the visa procedure (if needed) not later than 15 June 2019.
7. The accommodation will be in a hotel in rooms for 2, 3 or
4 persons, including food within the festival period.
8. The Festival does not undertake to provide accommodation and food after the end of the Festival. The groups should leave on 4 August after breakfast.
9. The Festival will provide a guide-interpreter for each
10. The Ensemble is obliged to make medical insurance for
the members of the group for the whole festival period,
which should be submitted at the frontier-post when crossing
the border of Bulgaria.
11. The Festival should be responsible for arranging medical
care in an emergency and for any injuries that take place
during the festival. The Festival is not responsible for
providing medical care before its beginning.
12. The Festival expects Ensemble to give two performances
daily and/or in the evening on the open-air and indoor
stages (up to 30-40 min.) and to take part in the
processions along the streets of the town with performances
up 10 min. The Ensemble may be asked to perform in some
venues not appropriate for the appearance of the whole
group. Information on the group’s possibilities for such
performances would be useful.
13. The Ensemble must strictly observe the festival
programme schedule as well as the duration of its concert
performances. The Ensemble can perform in other venues only
after an agreement with the Festival.
14. The Ensemble may be programmed to appear at various
promotional events in Varna and near by towns.
15. The Ensemble must bring a national flag of its country.
16. The Ensemble should perform under the accompaniment of
live or recorded music. The Festival will provide a sound
equipment whenever appropriate.
17. The Festival provides for all groups spare time for rest
when a cultural and tourist programme will be proposed to
18. All groups will receive a plaque and diploma for their
participation. An exchange of souvenirs with the organizers
and local authorities is expected.
19. The Organizer is not obliged to pay pocket money to the
participants in the Festival.
20. The Director of the Ensemble is responsible for the
discipline of the group’s members, including the punctuality
regarding the programme, good relations with the other
groups, as well as the artistic quality of the group,
corresponding to the submitted publicity materials.
21. Every special need and requirement will be considered
according to the circumstances.
22. The Ensemble grants gratuitously to the Festival its
copyright to broadcast live and to make audio-visual
recordings (for radio and television) of the Ensemble's
performances during the festival.
The above mentioned Rules are worked out and conformed
with the special conditions and requirements of the CIOFF’s
Statutes for international festivals.